As Coronavirus has become an evolving and uncertain public health issue, we assure you that the health, safety, and well-being of our veterinary partners and Pet Loss Center team members is our top priority.
We take this disease and all other infectious diseases very seriously and encourage our veterinary partners and employees to take precautionary and preventative measures to reduce the risk of spreading any type of infectious disease.
According to the AVMA, “Infectious disease experts, as well as the CDC, OIE, and WHO indicate there is no evidence to suggest that pet dogs or cats can be a source of infection with SARS-CoV-2, including spreading COVID-19 to people.”
Here are some of the ways we are taking action to protect our veterinary partners and employees:
- All drivers have been provided with instant hand sanitizer to utilize in between clinic pick up and drop offs
- Instruction has been provided to all team members on how to protect themselves per the CDC’s recommended guidelines
- Employees who do not feel well or are symptomatic have been asked to stay home
Additional helpful information:
- American Veterinary Medical Association – What do you need to know about Coronavirus?
- World Organisation for Animal Health – Questions and Answers on the Coronavirus
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association – The New Coronavirus and Companion Animals
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention – Social Distancing
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at Info@ThePetLossCenter.com